After you’ve been in a car accident, one of the first things you’ll probably think to do is call your car insurance company. If you’re not at-fault for the car accident you were involved in, you’ll also need to contact the insurance company of the person who was at-fault for the accident in order to begin your claims process. You should seriously consider calling LeUnes Law Firm instead of handling it yourself. There are some important things to know when it comes to insurance companies and car accidents that we will go over in our blog today. If you need the help of a car accident lawyer in Cypress, don’t hesitate to call LeUnes Law Firm now.
What To Do When You Call Insurance Companies After An Accident
Whether you need to call your insurance company or the insurance company of the person who was at-fault, here are some tips to follow:
- Call your insurance company immediately following your car accident. You should do this as soon as you leave the scene of the accident.
- Review your insurance policy so you completely understand your coverage.
- Always take notes of anything you’ve discussed with the insurance company.
- Be honest when speaking with insurers. It is better to be honest and to keep a cohesive story than to try and make things sound better than they are.
What Not To Do When You Call Insurance Companies After An Accident
- Carefully consider any estimate or settlement you’re given. Don’t accept either the first time they’re presented, as they’re often on the low side.
- Don’t agree to sign a release or waiver until you fully understand it. This is a good time to seek legal advice.
- Don’t forget that it is the obligation of the insurance company to pay for an accident. Be adamant that you deserve to be covered or compensated.
For a car accident lawyer in Cypress who can help with your car accident case, call Chay LeUnes at LeUnes Law Firm for an appointment.