Using A Real Estate Broker When You Buy Or Sell A Home
Buying or selling a home can be a complicated process. Not only do you have an extensive amount of paperwork to fill out and keep track of, but you also have to work out negotiations and obtain commitments from different parties involved in the real estate process. A real estate lawyer can be extremely helpful in the home buying or home selling process. There are numerous things to consider when you’re trying to work out a binding legal contract that includes so many different parties. There are important legal aspects that a real estate agent may not be informed on that a real estate lawyer could easily help you avoid.
How You Can Benefit From A Real Estate Broker
When you go to buy or sell a home, standard forms are used by real estate agents. However, not all forms are created to contain everything that needs to be considered. Every real estate transaction involves a purchase agreement. A standard agreement may meet the needs of the buyer or seller in certain instances, but when you decide to involve a property lawyer in the process, they can catch things that may be missed in standard agreements.
A real estate broker will be able to offer certain insights into a real estate transaction that could greatly benefit the buyer or seller. A property lawyer can help you think through the following things when working on a real estate transaction:
- Have any additions or alterations to the property been done properly?
- Is the buyer planning on making any changes to the property? Are the plans in accordance with laws in place?
- What is the legal process if an architect or engineer finds termites, radon, or asbestos on the property?
- What happens for both parties involved when a closing does not take place? Will a payment that is held in escrow be held in accordance to the law?
- What are the tax implications of a sale that contains a considerable profit for the seller?
- What are the implications of a title that does not have insurance attached to it?
- Have all of the necessary documents been prepared and thoroughly explained?
- Does the closing statement contain every piece of information that needs to be addressed?
While a real estate agent can provide you with the basics of best practices when any of the aforementioned happens, a real estate lawyer can provide you with exact legal guidance to ensure you’re not missing anything important that could legally impact you in a negative way.
When you have a real estate broker involved in any real estate action that you’re taking part in, you’re assured an extra level of guidance and support in the home buying or home selling process. Real Estate transactions are already costly, you don’t want to find yourself in the middle of a real estate purchase that suddenly takes a turn that is not in your best interest and you’re left without legal representation. Involve a real estate lawyer in your home buying or home selling process to ensure you’ll fully understand the process you’re undergoing, and that you have someone to advocate for your best legal outcome.
Chay LeUnes is an experienced real estate broker in Cypress, Texas. Chay can partner with you in any of your real estate matters to guarantee you’ll have the representation you need to avoid any serious legal issues during the home buying or home selling process.
Contact LeUnes Law Firm today to make an appointment and to begin working with a real estate lawyer who will work for you in order to obtain the best results in your real estate case.